The activists who were amongst 1,300 international participants of the “Welcome to Palestine 2012” movement, had been taken to Givon Prison’s immigration detention centre on landing at Tel Aviv airport on April 17.
They had been trying to reach Bethlehem in the West Bank on a humanitarian mission to help build a school for the blind, but they were put into the Israeli jail.
On Friday night, the five Scots and four other Britons were deported from Israel and put on a flight to Manchester.
Joy Cherkaoui, a council worker from Auldgirth, near Dumfries, Karolin Hijazi, a doctor and lecturer at Aberdeen University, Jim Henry, a retired nurse from Irvine, Lynn Leitch, a retired teacher from Midlothian, and Terri McLaughlin, a nurse from Glasgow, were the activists who returned home.
Jim Henry’s son David said, “Dad was determined to go to Bethlehem as he wanted to help set up a school for blind children. He will be glad he has made a stand and raised awareness of the situation over there.”
LIVE BLOG | Welcome to Palestine | LIVE UPDATES | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4
- Israel Arms & Trains Illegal Settlers for Rampage in Occupied Palestine – in pictures
- Leaked document “Operation Summer Seeds”: Israeli forces train & arm settlers to attack Palestinian protesters
- MP Barghouthi warns of massacres after Israel arms, trains settlers
- Israel gives settlers weapons for September
- How US “charities” break tax laws to fund Israeli settlements | EI
- ! France’s JDL’s “Travel Agency” Call for “Militant Rampage Trip”
- Israel Warns Chemical Weapons Will Be Used Against Peaceful Palestine Protests
- Israeli settlers to be armed with dogs as well as tear gas and stun grenades
- Settler Attack dogs of the West Bank | Video | Reuters.com
- Israel approves plan to uproot 30,000 Bedouins | September 11, 2011| 972Magazine
- Forum Dukium | Coexistance forum for Negev
- Greenwashing Apartheid – Free eBook of the International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network
Related: Israel. Not looking for Peace. Nor Talks. But this…
More (‘Price Tag’) Attacks by Jewish Colonists in Palestine
More pictures in the Gallery Images | الصور
- Special Topic | Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- Special Topic | Ethnic Cleansing
- Quick Facts | 10 Facts about the Nakba
- Exclusive | Interactive map of Palestine villages destroyed during Nakba